Here’s an update on the progress of WFISD bond planning and Modern School Catalyst for Wichita Falls.
- The deadline to announce a bond election for November 2019 is August 19, 2019
- The WFISD Board decided more time was needed to develop a comprehensive bond package and market it appropriately to the public
- The proposed election will be postponed to sometime in 2020; quite possibly in Nov. 2020
- By allowing more time, it will give the Board the opportunity to come to a better consensus on the right plan
- Volunteer groups, like the Falls Future Action Team, can continue to offer support and continue spreading the word about needed facility upgrades
- The “Building the Falls Future PAC” has been formed and will serve as an independent fundraising and marketing arm supporting the proposed bond
- As the bond plan progresses and materializes, we will further organize volunteer groups to “get out the vote”
- Tshirts will soon be distributed with the slogan “The Future is Bright” intended to show support for WFISD improvements; selling for $10 per shirt
Come back soon to continue monitoring the progress of this Catalyst.