Endurance House received the Gold Level Bicycle Friendly Business award from The League of Bicycle Friendly America. This round of Bicycle Friendly Businesses also shows how communities are rallying around bicycling being good for businesses. Places like Arlington,...
On November 21, 2019, the League of American Bicyclists announced that it is honoring the efforts of Wichita Falls to build better places to bike with a Bronze-level Bicycle Friendly Community (BFC) award. The award recognizes Wichita Falls for its commitment to...
Through the grant, TxDOT will fund 80 percent of this trail project and the other 20 percent will come from the 4B Sales Tax Corporation. Public Works Director Russell Schreiber said bids for this 3,500-foot section of trail from Loop 11 to Lucy Park originally went...
The total registered for at least 1 biking event over the weekend was 11,446. https://youtu.be/YK72B8Pgs3Q [fts_facebook type=album_photos id=60596847935 posts=6 description=yes album_id=10157349260057936 image_width=250px image_height=250px space_between_photos=1px...
Positive changes already in place Over the past year, many positive changes have begun to take place for the bicycle community in Wichita Falls, Texas. From increased visibility, bicycle education and events, this action team has ridden full speed ahead picking up...
What traffic laws apply to cyclists? What traffic laws do not? Generally, bikes are entitled to all rights and obligated to all duties of the road that apply to a motor vehicle. Stop at red lights and stop signsPay attention to lane markersRide near the curb,...
The next event for Bike Wichita Falls is set for Friday, May 3rd, 6-9pm. Come back soon for full details and put this on your calendar! Friday, May 3rd, 2019, Downtown Wichita Falls https://www.facebook.com/events/550374525485536/ Follow us on Facebook and...
This free event encourages people of all ages to bring out their wheels for a fun scavenger hunt along our Circle Trail.
The core of this strategic approach is built around achieving a Bronze designation for Wichita Falls in the first five years of strategic implementation.
WICHITA FALLS, TX (KFDX/KJTL) – Texas is ranked 25th in the nation when it comes to being bike friendly. Places with the current designation include 10 communities, 37 businesses, and 6 universities and members with the Bike Friendly Community Action...
Becky Raeke, 9th Street Studios
Kathryn Hager, Ramble & Company
Wichita Falls Convention & Visitors Bureau
John Burrus, City of Wichita Falls
Roby Christie, New BMC Funding
Ben “Chip” Filer, Hotter ‘N Hell Hundred
Ken Dowdy, Bundy, Young, Sims & Potter, Inc.
Mark Pinson, Endurance House
Brad Altman, Altman & Nix, Attorneys
Lin Barnett, Wichita Falls MPO
Stacie Cook, Prothro Blair Financial
Mark Beauchamp, Wichita County
Pablo Cruz, MSU Bicycle Team
Terry Points, City of Wichita Falls
Katie Britt, Wichita Falls Chamber